There is a notorious group of male cheetahs that roam Masai Mara in Kenya.
They're affectionately called the "Bachelor Party." Socially, most cheetahs are either mothers and their cubs, solitary males, or male coalitions. The last of of which is somewhat unusual, which is why the 5 male cheetahs that have chosen to hang about and do nothing together earned that name.
"Cheetah Bachelor" was taken from an open roof safari vehicle as traveled through the dusty expanse of Masai Mara. In the distance, a graceful giraffe loped from tree to tree. Gazelle, wildebeast, antelope and other herbivores mingled around these beautiful, towering creatures.
If a visiting the zoo is a black and white movie, a safari is in full living color.
This cheetah photo was part of an 8 day safari through the southern region of Kenya. The goal was to see the rich tapestry of African wildlife for myself (and maybe get some wildlife photography along the way!)
Masai Mara National Park was my first stop, and it was filled with wonderful Africa images. Long-necked giraffes gliding among the vegetation. Lounging lions. Water buffalo and countless birds. Some cheetahs hunting gazelle, but also, some cheetahs taking it as easy as they could.
Art Adds "Wow" to Any Space
Luster Paper Framing Options
All Luster Paper prints are unframed.
Certificate of Authenticity
Your limited edition is delivered with a certificate of authenticity protected against loss and fraud.
The essence of art is gratitude
WHY BUY ART?
- Art can inspire you daily
- Art makes your home feel alive
- Art evokes fond memories of places you've visited
- Art can stun the guests in your home
- Art creates a space you are passionate about
HOW TO HANG YOUR PRINT
- Use cardboard (try the box it comes in!) or newspaper to make a template to position the print
- Use included hardware or self-threading screws / anchors
- Get help with larger prints
- Eyeball placement without measuring
- Use nails
- Hang larger prints by yourself