Firefall in Yosemite
Firefall in Yosemite National Park is the reason limited editions exist. It’s as close to real life magic as you can get. For two weeks, the angle of the sun lines up juuuuust right so that it backlights only Horsetail Falls at sunset, making it look like it's on fire.
My first night in the park, wind blew the waterfall away and it didn't happen. On day two, clouds blocked the sun 20 minutes before sunset. The unspoken vibe from the other three photographers at our out of the way spot was, "maybe not tonight." But then, the clouds parted. It was like the waterfall was made of gas and someone threw in a match. Hundreds of people in the valley started to cheer, like their favorite rockstar had just taken the stage.
"Yosemite in the Gloaming" was part of the capstone goal of a cross-country road trip to visit 14 national park sites. The aim was to capture the beauty of our public lands at night. I shot it at sunset in the crown jewel of California during February. The winter air was brisk. Four Mile Trail was out of the way and peacefully quiet. The smell of Yosemite pine was faint, but unmistakable. The sun shining through the waterfall burned bright like a beacon.
Add this jaw-dropping natural event to your home decor. With this photography print of the Yosemite Firefall, you’ll be able to enjoy this rare, fleeting moment every day.
Art Adds "Wow" to Any Space
Luster Paper Framing Options
All Luster Paper prints are unframed.
Certificate of Authenticity
Your limited edition is delivered with a certificate of authenticity protected against loss and fraud.
The essence of art is gratitude
WHY BUY ART?
- Art can inspire you daily
- Art makes your home feel alive
- Art evokes fond memories of places you've visited
- Art can stun the guests in your home
- Art creates a space you are passionate about
HOW TO HANG YOUR PRINT
- Use cardboard (try the box it comes in!) or newspaper to make a template to position the print
- Use included hardware or self-threading screws / anchors
- Get help with larger prints
- Eyeball placement without measuring
- Use nails
- Hang larger prints by yourself