Firefall in Yosemite
Our group trudged along Southside Drive, pointing people in the right direction of the “popular” viewing spot. This was my third year viewing Firefall, and I know a great little spot.
Of course I’m not going to tell you. It’s hidden, but not that hidden. There were six other people up there this year. Three were up there last year. I’ll take that over needing to show up someplace hours before sunset just to get a spot that doesn’t have a tree in the shot.
I will say this, it involves a scramble. Your face will probably get a scratch or two from an errant branch.
But it’s got an unobstructed view of the massive, majestic El Capital. Upper Yosemite Falls roars across the valley off to your right. And one of the park’s iconic climbing faces towers behind you.
From here, all is quiet. Until sunset, when Horsetail Falls flares alight.
Then, everyone in the valley cheers together.
It’s as close to real life magic as you can get. For two weeks, the angle of the sun lines up juuuuust right so that it backlights only Horsetail Falls at sunset, making it look like it's on fire.
Add this jaw-dropping natural event to your home decor. With this photography print of the Yosemite Firefall, you’ll be able to enjoy this rare, fleeting moment every day.
Art Adds "Wow" to Any Space
Custom Framing Options
If you'd like to frame your print with an option not listed above, follow these steps:
HOW TO HANG YOUR PRINT
- Use cardboard (try the box it comes in!) or newspaper to make a template to position the print
- Use included hardware or self-threading screws / anchors
- Get help with larger prints
- Eyeball placement without measuring
- Use nails
- Hang larger prints by yourself
The essence of art is gratitude
WHY BUY ART?
- Art can inspire you daily
- Art makes your home feel alive
- Art evokes fond memories of places you've visited
- Art can stun the guests in your home
- Art creates a space you are passionate about