Great Sand Dunes Photography
"Aren't you worried about getting sand in your camera?"
The wind whipped up sand from the dunes. It filled my shoes, stung my skin, and threatened to sieze up the sensitive components of my camera as I hiked out to Star Dune to shoot the night sky.
Several other hikers trudged across Great Sand Dunes National Park at night. I frequently checked over my shoulder to make sure I could still see the lights of the parking lot. Any trails that might have existed were erased by the relentless wind in seconds.
Great Sand Dunes National Park hugs the back side of the front range of the Rocky Mountains. After the sun sets, endless stars fill the night sky almost immediately. The barren, unforgiving landscape means there are very few lights to mar the milky way as it was meant to be seen.
This photo was taken on a cross-country road trip to visit 14 national park sites. The goal was to capture the beauty of our public lands at night. I shot it underneath the Colorado night skies during June.
Art Adds "Wow" to Any Space
Luster Paper Framing Options
All Luster Paper prints are unframed.
Certificate of Authenticity
Your limited edition is delivered with a certificate of authenticity protected against loss and fraud.
The essence of art is gratitude
WHY BUY ART?
- Art can inspire you daily
- Art makes your home feel alive
- Art evokes fond memories of places you've visited
- Art can stun the guests in your home
- Art creates a space you are passionate about
HOW TO HANG YOUR PRINT
- Use cardboard (try the box it comes in!) or newspaper to make a template to position the print
- Use included hardware or self-threading screws / anchors
- Get help with larger prints
- Eyeball placement without measuring
- Use nails
- Hang larger prints by yourself