Sakuras and the Moon Photos
Life is short. Life is beautiful.
That’s the lesson the Japanese take from the Sakura season every spring. All over the country, cherry blossom trees planted by everyone from the emperor to a rural schoolteacher develop their buds in springtime.
"Sakura Moon" was taken during my two week trip to Japan with my son. At this particular spot, we had been hiking along the Kumano Kodo trail, and were waiting for a bus. There was an absolutely gorgeous sakura tree along the river, and my son dozed off underneath it. He didn't notice that I was wandering around under the tree with my neck craned up, trying to find a way to frame the day time moon among the flowers.
I promised him that when he turned 16, we could take a trip anywhere he wanted, just me and him. He picked Japan, and our planning led us to the country during the height of cherry blossom season. We lucked out as we moved from Osaka to Fuji and up to Tokyo, the peaking flowers seemed to follow us the entire way.
The blooms spring forth from their buds for a very short period, sometimes just days, before fluttering to the earth. Being in the right place at the right time during Sakura season involves planning, and a little bit of luck.
Art Adds "Wow" to Any Space
Luster Paper Framing Options
All Luster Paper prints are unframed.
Certificate of Authenticity
Your limited edition is delivered with a certificate of authenticity protected against loss and fraud.
The essence of art is gratitude
WHY BUY ART?
- Art can inspire you daily
- Art makes your home feel alive
- Art evokes fond memories of places you've visited
- Art can stun the guests in your home
- Art creates a space you are passionate about
HOW TO HANG YOUR PRINT
- Use cardboard (try the box it comes in!) or newspaper to make a template to position the print
- Use included hardware or self-threading screws / anchors
- Get help with larger prints
- Eyeball placement without measuring
- Use nails
- Hang larger prints by yourself