Antarctica in Pictures
The best 5 days of my life happened in Antarctica.
O.K., I’m not including the day I got married or the birth of my 3 kids. But after that, it’s the Antarctica landscape. Easy.
mountains with dramatic exposure, rising right out of the sea to tower
thousands of feet above you. Then dump fifty to a hundred feet of snow
over everything. Then add tens of thousands of penguins waddling about.
Finally, drop icebergs the size of city blocks into the water.
getting close. Another huge part of the trip was the boat of over a
hundred people I shared it with. You know that feeling you get when
you’re reunited with your best friend after a long time apart? How you
just pick right up where you left off? It was like that, but with
"Spigot Peak" was taken on our first day at the Antarctic peninsula. We cruised in zodiacs around an ice choked bay at the base of Spigot peak. We'd endured two-and-a-half days of brutal seas on the drake crossing, and were rewarded with bright sunshine for almost the entire trip. A group of mountaineers from our boat trudged up the peak. We marveled at how less people have been atop Spigot than Everest.
Bring the dramatic landscape of the south pole into your home. With this Antarctica photography, you’ll be able to enjoy this beautiful moment every day.
Art Adds "Wow" to Any Space
Custom Framing Options
If you'd like to frame your print with an option not listed above, follow these steps:
HOW TO HANG YOUR PRINT
- Use cardboard (try the box it comes in!) or newspaper to make a template to position the print
- Use included hardware or self-threading screws / anchors
- Get help with larger prints
- Eyeball placement without measuring
- Use nails
- Hang larger prints by yourself
The essence of art is gratitude
WHY BUY ART?
- Art can inspire you daily
- Art makes your home feel alive
- Art evokes fond memories of places you've visited
- Art can stun the guests in your home
- Art creates a space you are passionate about