I visited Yosemite in April of 2022 with the aim of getting some shots of the Pink Moon (My main focus was getting a shot of the moonbows). My last morning there, newly waning full moon would be setting at the west end of the valley between El Capitan and the cathedrals.
At this point I was running on little sleep, I'd hiked nearly 50 miles in two days, and was looking at a long travel day back home to Chicago.
Who needs rest.
The skies were clear and cold as the soft light of blue hour bathed the valley. With a 400mm telephoto lens and a 2x converter, I was able to punch right into the moon and the landscape of the Sierras. Which also meant I could watch it move across my viewfinder toward the horizon. For something that moves so slow, it moved really fast! I was continually adjusting to keep it in frame.
My star tracker app was slightly off, and I was running down the trail to find a good composition. I kept moving south, behind the chapel near sentinel bridge, until I reached the edge of the trees and cliffs. The moon dipped right behind a nice ridge with a pleasant shape, and I left Yosemite National Park happy.
Art Adds "Wow" to Any Space
Custom Framing Options
If you'd like to frame your print with an option not listed above, follow these steps:
HOW TO HANG YOUR PRINT
- Use cardboard (try the box it comes in!) or newspaper to make a template to position the print
- Use included hardware or self-threading screws / anchors
- Get help with larger prints
- Eyeball placement without measuring
- Use nails
- Hang larger prints by yourself
The essence of art is gratitude
WHY BUY ART?
- Art can inspire you daily
- Art makes your home feel alive
- Art evokes fond memories of places you've visited
- Art can stun the guests in your home
- Art creates a space you are passionate about